2/14/12

Rj #24

Dear Samuel,


I have finished read the book "Lord of the Nutcracker Men" by Ian Lawernce. I find the book really interesting as I thought this week's genre would be highly boring where you can see in my previous rjs I state that I fall asleep. The book is about a kid who plays war with an army of nutcrackers his father makes since he is a toy maker. While he plays in his imaginative world his dad gets drafted into WWI. I can tell it is WWI because of the year in the story which was 1914. I find the book to have its twist and turns in it. It has a lot of suspense where I wonder what is happening next. I also find that the more I read the more of the book I want to read. I wish it can be longer. One thing I found interesting was how when he plays with the toy nutcrackers in war he believes he has godlike powers that control his father's fate. I found it interesting be cause he can like make his father survive and win the war. I highly recommend the book because its interesting, not boring, and you like Call of Duty so you can relate to it.


Sincerely,
Lucky 

No comments:

Post a Comment