12/13/11

Rj #15

Dear Book club members,


As you know we are reading the book "The giver" currently at the time. My last rj was based on chapters 1-3. This one is based on chapters 1-10. The character so far are Jonas,Asher,The Giver,The elders,Fiona,Lily,the new child aka Gabriel, and Jonas' parents. The setting isn't in poverty. The appears to be a piece of land. The place where they live isn't a democracy like how it is here. They live in a dictator ship by the elders. They have to go by a set of rules. If you break a rule you get kicked out which is mean. They have sets of groups by age to tell what you can do. At the age 12 they stop tract of your birthday and you have to go to city hall to find your birthday. I would recommend the book but I must warn you that the beginning is boring.


Sincerely,
Lucky

4 comments:

  1. Dear Lucky,
    Nice journal.I didn't read the last journal so I don't really know much about the book. I believe you were missing the plot, settings, favorite/least favorite part,and recommendations. Keep me posted!
    Sincerely,
    Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lucky good job.
    What is your favorite part?
    What is your least favorite part?
    Would you recommend the book?Because I know I will.
    Good job, just write more next time and put all the parts.

    Julio Lopez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ethan,

    I was chased off the computer so that's why it looks short. I was chased off on all my computers. I will get to writing the parts you said that I missed.

    From your friend,
    Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Julio

    So far one of the parts I liked when Jonas was assigned to be memory receiver because he got a good assigning thing in my opinion. My least favorite part would be the beginning since its boring. I really don't know whether or not to recommend it. If you read my previous comment you can see why I missed a lot of parts.

    From your friend,
    Lucky

    ReplyDelete