1/3/12

Rj #17

Dear person,

As you know we are reading the book "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. If you have read my rj its all those characters and a few more added characters which don't have a name. After reading the book I realized that it took place during the future. It acts like how the British ruled the U.S. The time would be around the future. If you are in book club do not continue on reading unless you finished the book, this is a SPOILER ALERT! The beginning starts directly into action which will cause you to wonder because its boring and confusing at the beginning. I'm not sure if I mentioned it in my last rj, but if I didn't you will find out the to be released means to be killed via lethal injection. The ending is a twisting ending as it leaves the reader in questioning whether or not Jonas and Gabriel did die. It left me in wonder so I went to look it up on this magical thing that god created us, Google. It turns out they did not die as the book has a successor which is one of these books or both, "Messenger" or "Gathering Blue." I wonder why the release is death, because in book club we thought it meant to be shunned. During the process they strap you down and put a deadly needle to kill you, then throw away your body. Wait a minute I just realized something if release means to be in a new place then that new place is... Now i get it! Ever since I mentioned the ending let me tell you about it. Jonas and Gabe (Gabriel) find out what release means so they quickly fled the community to a new one but however they were starving and hungry so they went out and then the story cuts out. Ever since in my previous rj's I mentioned you were assigned a job. So I have to tell you the job Jonas received. He got the job of the receiver of memories which is the predecessor of the Giver. The job had to do with all the memories of each and one citizen. I would recommend the book to however wants a book with many twist not don't ask the question "Will you recomend it?" because I don't like being redundant. My favorite part would be when Jonas and Gabe escape. My least favorite part would be finding out what release means. Their you go hope enjoyed it, don't forget to comment below.

Sincerely,
Lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment