1/24/12

Rj# 21

Dear Person ,

I am doing my rj on "Shooting the Moon" by Frances O'Roark Dowell. I did not like the book it made me fall asleep. However I had to read since I am in book club. Some of the characters are Jamie,Cindy,Jamie's dad, Jamie's brother (T.J), amd Pvt. Hollister.. The book mainy focuses on Jamie missing her brother. The reason why because her brother is in Vietnam during the war so this was back then. To keep in touch they sent each other letter. However the first letter that came from her brother wasn't a regular letter, it was film waiting to be developed. The book immediately starts with a boring card game then the book kept on going on a slow, tiring pace. The ending of the book was not even good since it was only 3 sentences. The ending was that T.J became M.I.A (missing in action). To me the ending should have been a bit better so it wont make me seem that I have read this boring book for book club with a terrible ending. It should have been why T.J was captured or T.J coming home after he served his time in the military. I rate this book for .5 stars out of 10 since it was boring, had a horrible ending, I didn't understand some of the plot line, I did not like the author's writing style, etc. I do not recommend this book as you will not like this book. Ever since the ending was horrible they should of made a sequel to it so we understand what is happening just like in The Giver. If they did make one  then it should be better than this book as I did not like it for the reasons I have stated above. Surely wish we, book club members chose a better book in my opinion however, others liked the book.

From,
Lucky


No comments:

Post a Comment