9/12/11

RJ #2

Dear Samuel,

   I just finished reading "Sunrise Over Fallujah" by Walter Dean Myers. Its a really interesting book. Its about the current war that ended but, it took place in 2003 but, its all fictional but believable. The main characters are Robin "Birdy" Perry, Marla, and Charles "Jonesy" Jones. The plot starts when Birdy is deployed and meets his fellow soldiers. He meets Marla and Jonesy, Marla is a cocky person that sometimes gets on Birdy's nerves, and Jonesy is an African American with a gigantic vocabulary who really doesn't want to be in war. Birdy is also an African American, who doesn't want to be in war but is also nervous about it and sees no purpose in it. In the middle of the book soldiers die and go in combat however, the last battle is the most important one. In the last battle a blind kid walks in the middle of war and Jonesy did the bravest thing, he ran in to save the kid but also got shot in the neck for this process, he later died  from his wounds with full military honors. The conflicts in this book are the war, and why did Birdy want to be in war. The resolution to one of them is when Jonesy dies saving a blind kid in the middle of the war made Birdy rethink why he came to the war and why he has to fulfill his purpose. The war was not fixed since the book took place in 2003. My favorite part was when Jonesy saved the blind kid because it reminded me of 9/11 how some people were saving one another. The part that hated the most was when Jonesy died it also reminded me of 9/11 how some people were saving each other but died in the process. My personal feelings are the book is really cool had a lot of action and suspense. I recommend you to get it because its like Call of duty but most parts in the book are more modernized, other than having this made-up chemical "Nova 6" which makes you die a slow painful death. That's all I can write hope you write back! Well bye!

P.s I own copyrights to above.


                                                 From your friend,

                                                                        Lucky Baydoun

4 comments:

  1. Dear Lucky,
    I want to read this book too! I love combat games like Call of Duty so I think I would like this book. I admire Robin for going to fight for his country after September 11. I would want to do the same thing for my country too. Would you want to fight for your country too?
    Your friend,
    Jared Simovitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lucky,
    I thought your blog was good. It had many interesting parts. Keep me posted!!!!
    Sincerely,
    Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jared

    Glad you liked the book and what Robin did. To your question yes but its impossible to trick shot rage shot and quickscope and get a quad.

    From your friend,
    Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ethan,

    Thank you for your comment. Will keep posted!!

    From your friend,
    Lucky

    ReplyDelete