11/12/11

Current event 2


Title: A legacy of service: Three generations of Pines family have served in military

Author: Perry Stein
Source: The Miami Herald
The topic of the article is about a family's generation about the military.
The main idea of the article is: about the military through 3 generations of a local Pines family.
The author’s purpose for writing this article is to show about a family of veterans for veterans day
The author’s perspective in this article is objective because the author is not biased and just writes a story of a family of veterans.
The pattern of organization of the article is in chronological order.
The reason the author chose this pattern for the article because he wrote what happened to one person with a the year to follow it and did the same for others.
The text feature(s) included in the article are: The picture of the family with a sub article in it.
This article is about (a summary in your own words) 
This is mostly about the 92 year old veteran. He has done many things and won many medals. He even survived a failed deactivation of a land mine. His family is proud of him. 
The significance (importance) of this article is to salute your troops and thank the war veterans
What I learned from this article is to keep on going even if something tells you not to.
What I liked about this article 
Is how the author wrote about the veterans (the family of 3 generations) and showed the life of them.
What I did not like about it 
I didn't dislike anything in this article. The author wrote it well and was not biased like the last article.
Who should read this article and why 
Anyone who has is a veteran or knows a veteran. I say this because this looks like it was written for Veterans day.
This article reminds me of (text-to-self) One of my dad's friend who was a navy veteran.
(text-to-text) This remind me of this book Platoon leader.
(text-to-world) The national troops and veterans who have fought for our country. 
New vocabulary I learned
I didn't learn any thing new, I understood everything and knew what they were talking about,

No comments:

Post a Comment