11/29/11

RJ # 13

Dear people who like classic books,


I recently read this book called "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" by Mark Twain. The book is really good, I chose the book because its an all time classic, I could't resist plus it was on my ereader. They are two types of "The Adventures of..." that are made by Mark Twain that I found on my ereader. The other one is "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn." Judging the books by its covers I predict they look like someone else is telling there story at the same place. I found the Tom Sawyer one very interesting. Its time scenario would be around the 30's. Some parts when the characters were talking I really couldn't understand what they were saying from the slang. Like "I'm gonna lick you" or "My name is Tom that's how they lick me by." I find these the most weirdest things in a book. The main characters that in my opinion are the true main characters in the book are Tom the person who is telling the story, the narrator another person who is telling the story, Injun Joe a guy who is Tom's antagonist, they fight a lot, and his family. The book mainly focuses on Tom's adventures throughout his life. My favorite part is when they fight, Tom and Injun Joe fight (or Sid (a minor character) and Tom fight). I chose this because I love boxing (GO MANNY "PACMAN" PACQUIAO!). My least favorite part is when Sid throws a stone at Tom as he cowardly flees away. I chose that because Sid is a coward who wants to bring up more trouble. I would recommend this book to anyone, 5 out of 5 stars. If you want to play the video game of this book search it up on youtube or if you want to see a movie of it I advise to look at the older movies of this one not the cartoon version. Trust me this book had a video game and several movies made after it.


Sincerely,
Lucky

3 comments:

  1. Dear Lucky I really liked your blog it was very interesting.I liked you organization.
    1.What does (GO MANNY "PACMAN" PACQUIAO!)mean?
    2.Would you recommend this book.
    3.What is the plot of your story please?Details.
    You should write more when you do your next blog.






    your friend Julio Lopez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lucky,
    Interesting journal. I've read a Tom Sawyer book before. It seems to me that all the books are different because they have different stories in them. Next time could you write a little more? Thanks! Keep me posted!
    Sincerely,
    Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lucky,

    Good RJ. I liked how you put the little joke in there. My question is what do you think the people are saying? I think lick is kick. Another question is what did Tom look like? What did Sid look like?
    A recommendation I have for you is that you should write more. Put more details into it.

    Your friend,
    Alexander Yan

    ReplyDelete