11/15/11

Rj #11

Dear my fellow classmate,

I recently read this book called "Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul" by the following authors Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Patty Hansen, and Irene Dunlap. I actually think these aren't the authors, its the people who send the letters are the authors in my own opinion. These are like the ones Mrs.Klink read to us last year. The version of this book I read was the 101 stories changes, choices, and growing up for kids 9-13. There are many stories in here one that I like is this story. "Run With It." The main characters in this story are Susan and her mom, Brian, and Jeff and his parents. Susan is a Tomboy who was best friends with Brian and then later befriended Jeff. Brian is one of Susan's best friend with terrible hand writing who also be friends Jeff. Jeff is a boy who has leukemia, which the teacher (mentioned only once so she is minor) said he cant always be with everyone in school. Susan's mom and Jeff's parents are like the messengers who tell which is which is happening to Jeff and then pass it on. The story is about Jeff and who comes to the 4ᵗʰ grade and the teacher announces about him. Susan and Brian who learn about Jeff from the teacher immediately befriend him. They play along and act like nothing is wrong. Then later he got his treatments and the cancer went away, but then came back. This is where all the bad things start to happen. Jeff's parents tell Susan's mom that Jeff has to get a bone marrow treatment and go to California. So they were like ok were cool with that. So Jeff and his parent go there. Later then Susan goes to a Skating party and can't find Brian. So she went home to ask whats wrong. Her mom said and I quote "Jeff's mom called..." (that's what it says in the book) If you guessed right, yes Jeff Died. Sad right? It appears Brian already has heard the news about him (in my opinion). Everyone is sad about it and guess what they can't afford Jeff's expenses. So they (Brain and Susan) started a running (a race) to support him or other people with that type of cancer by calling many companies and such and raised over ten grand. So they donate the money to the Leukemia Society under his name. Later then the mention there was a cross country biking marathon. Susan wanted enter but people called her crazy while others said and I quote "You're alive, you're here-so run with it!" So there you go that's my favorite story in this memoir. Overall Its a decent book and I would recommend it to anyone. 5 out of 5 stars for it. Hope you enjoyed my rj!

From your fellow classmate,
Lucky

6 comments:

  1. Dear Lucky, I liked your blog.I think it was very interesting. I also read chicken soup.
    What is befriended?
    What type of disease is leukemia?
    Did you like this book.
    I think you should write more,So your blog will get better.



    Sincerely your friend Julio Lopez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Julio,

    Befriended is to be friends with someone. Leukemia is a type of cancer in the blood or bone marrow. Look at the last sentences in my rj to answer your third question because its redundant. I did write a lot if you compare this with the others I typed because this is the most I have typed.

    From your friend,
    Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lucky,
    great RJ! I like how you wrote alot. I dont have anything to suggest because you did such a great job. I have some questions: if you can make a story what would it be? If you don't have one make one up. What was your favorite one? What made you choose this book?
    Sincerely
    Samuel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Samuel,

    If I wrote a story in that book it would be about my bird that is a special needs type. I would write about him since he was special and was pretty neat. This would have to be my favorite story. I chose this because I remembered about this book from last year and found it at the library.

    From your friend,
    Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  5. lucky sorry that was too short heres a better one:
    Dear Lucky,
    Great rj! Isn't that the map from cod 5?
    Anyways, I like you reasons for abandoning the book. My suggestion would be to read a little further in the book even though you read more then you are supposed to gather more information to write about. I also have some questions.
    Why would rate it 5 and why?
    What part interested you the most of all? (not favorite part.) Would you call it "big gun"?
    That's it for today!
    Sincerely
    Samuel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samuel you wrote on the wrong rj.

    ReplyDelete