11/1/11

RJ #9

Dear Person,


I finished reading "A Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery Hollywood Horror" by Carolyn Keene. Its a pretty decent book, plus it combines 3 famous mystery busters in one book. The book gets a little boring when they are discussing about their daily life like "Why did you not bring dinner?" or they discuss about their relation ships. Ever since the title is Hollywood Horrow it is exactly what you think if you understood it or read the book. The book is related to how John Lennon died due to a crazy stalker fan, but their are no deaths in this book. Their is two stories toward the book.  One is a deadly stalker is targeting a television star Marla Devereaux from the taping of the show Sunny-Side Up. Nancy drew takes in this part of the story. While in the studios the Hardy Boys eavesdrop to locate a person of the deadly special effects which could really harm someone. My favorite thing about the book is how they combine to great detectives in one book. The downside is that the book wasn't balanced out it was mostly about Nancy drew's case. I would recommend it if you would like to read it or you just want a good mystery book.


By,
Lucky

6 comments:

  1. Dear Lucky i see you like this book. it sounds interesting.Are there more of these books.Hope you write back.

    your friend Julio Lopez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lucky,
    Nice mystery readers journal. You listed an extraordinary amount of details. I really like the song John, (but its John Lennon). Anyways great choice of a mystery book.
    What does "Sunny side up" mean? What you meant by two stories of the book does that mean that there are to book, or does that mean that there is two sections to the book? Who is Nancy Drew? Isn't Myth Busters a show? As I can see the part you do not enjoy is about their daily life discussion, what is your favorite part?
    And that's it! :D
    Sincerely,
    Your extraordinary, preeminent, exceptional, magnificent,remarkable, →and←(conjunction) outstanding friend
    Samuel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Julio,

    Thanks for commenting yes there are more books like these, but these are old books that I just found in my house. I'm not sure if they have a newer version other than the super mysteries. If you would like to read I would be kindly let you barrow it.

    From your friend,
    Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Samuel,

    Thanks for commenting. Sunny Side Up is the name of a sitcom in the book. By two stories what I actually meant is this is a two-part mystery meaning the group split up to take on one side of the mystery which add up to one big mystery, hence the title "Super Mystery" Nancy drew is a detective in the girls version of the Hardy Boys which is here own book "Nancy Drew and ......" which is made by this ghost author Carolyn Keene. This is just a combination of the 3 detectives. Yes, Myth Busters is a show I don't see why you would ask me about that because its not related to the book. Now to the last question from your bombardment of questions. My favorite part would be when they catch the stalker. I chose it because once a stalker is caught stalking, you will have 1 less stalker or you will have restraining order on them so they wont know your secrets. They caught the stalker to interrogate the person. There you go here is the answer to all the questing you asked.

    From your intelligent,wise,computer geek,intelligible, and awesome friend,
    Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lucky,

    You need to elaborate more in your journal. Follow your rubric and add more "meat".

    Mrs. Zrihen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mrs. Zrihen,

    I will elaborate a little more to my journal and turn it into a "fat juicy steak." Its just some books I really just cant elaborate on them or the books are a little to short like the short stories you assign. This book was the type that was hard to write a lot about it. Though I can do a super long summary on any of the books I read (except the ones I abandoned) but that is not what you wanted or I could do a book report on it but that is not what you wanted either. I'm just not used to writing a letter about a book.

    Your student,
    Lucky

    ReplyDelete