11/22/11

RJ #12

Dear Alexander,


I recently abandoned memoir "Lost in Shangri-la" by Mitchel Zurkoff. This time I actually read a lot from this book. I read up to 125 pages without skipping stuff. If you read my 1st rj you will see that I would recommend it, I still would but the book is too detailed that it makes the book boring to me in my own opinion. I'm not telling you to avoid the book I'm just neutral toward recommending it. The book focuses on a vacation during the war until bad things start to happen. Like the planes crashes with all the soldiers in them and then having to be a medic to support each other. I abandoned it for another reason is that the book got too long from being too heavily detailed to the death. I really couldn't keep count of the characters because they keep constantly adding up from the plane crashes which some survived. The date of time I would have to say is around the ending of WWII toward a little less than the middle of the Cold war as I see some signs of each. My least favorite part of the book is when they fool around with the rifles. Just to let other people know, a rifle is a gun. Some people would call it a "big gun" but that's not the write term since a shot gun is a"big gun" which is entirely different from it. I chose this part because the could get seriously injured from playing around with it. Either from the bayonet which a long mounted knife or accidentally pulling the trigger. I also chose this because in our workbook we had a thing about gun safety and gun laws. My favorite part would be when they help one another when the planes crashed by forging or scavenging for food,medial supplies,toilet paper, and water. I chose this because if someone is hurt or in need of help they helped. They started by helping the weakest or in a fragile state and let the strongest or "meh" ones help them. At least they are risking their lives to help a teammate. Overall your choice to get the book. I'm not telling you to be "Yes, get the book" or "No don't get the book" its your decision. My rating would be a 5 out of 10 since its a book what I would like to call "meh." (If you liked this, comment below and do the captcha to post comment)


From your friend,
Lucky

6 comments:

  1. Dear Lucky I really liked how you explained your blog.It was very detailed.Now let me ask you some questions.
    Why do you almost always abandon your book?
    Did you understand most of your book?
    Well good job anyways.I think you should write more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Julio,

    Thanks for commenting, I don't always abandon my book. If you read the rjs where I abandoned my book it tells you why. I understood most of the book.

    From your friend,
    Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lucky,
    i really like your RJ. You did a great job. i like how you understood what you read and put it in your own words. did you lie the book? Why did you like the book? do you reccomned the book? I suggest that you next time choose more 6th grade vocabulary words.

    From itay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Itay,

    It seems to me that you barely read my rj. What do you mean by lie? Your 2nd and 3rd question are already answered for you in my rj.

    From your friend,
    Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  5. lucky sorry that was too short heres a better one:
    Dear Lucky,
    Great rj! Isn't that the map from cod 5?
    Anyways, I like you reasons for abandoning the book. My suggestion would be to read a little further in the book even though you read more then you are supposed to gather more information to write about. I also have some questions.
    Why would rate it 5 and why?
    What part interested you the most of all? (not favorite part.) Would you call it "big gun"?
    That's it for today!
    Sincerely
    Samuel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Samuel,

    You wrote on the wrong blog post but no worries I pasted your comment onto here. That map isn't in cod5 its in black ops. I rate it out of five because it was "meh" it means meh. The part that seemed to standout would be when they play around with the loaded rifles since when you have a gun you cant fool around with it. I won't call it a big gun since that is what little kids call it. Mature people would call it by type of gun. For example when a kid sees a M16 they would call it a big gun or machine gun. However the write term would be M16 since everyone knows what it is since its famous in a lot of games and movies. Another thing a mature person would call it would be an assault rifle if they don't know what it actually it.

    From your friend,
    Lucky

    ReplyDelete